16225 Park Ten Place, Houston, TX 77084

English | En español

Call Us832-919-6400

The Foray Firm

Adjustment of Status Lawyer in Fort Bend County

Katy TX Status Adjustment Lawyer

Katy, Texas Attorney for Immigration Status Adjustments

People come to the United States for countless reasons. Some wish to pursue professional or educational opportunities while others come to the U.S. to escape political or religious persecution. Some visitors to the U.S. simply want to see the world. When an individual enters the United States on a nonimmigrant visa, such as a student visa, tourist visa, or work visa, he or she typically plans to return home at some point. However, some non-citizens visiting the U.S on a non-immigrant visa may decide they want to live in the United States permanently.

At The Foray Firm Houston, PLLC, we help non-citizens change their immigration status from temporary nonimmigrant to legal permanent residency through an Adjustment of Status (AOS). Our experienced immigration attorneys can help you obtain a "green card" so that you can continue to live and work in the U.S. and eventually pursue citizenship through naturalization.

Woodlands Immigration Lawyers Helping Clients Get Permanent Resident Status

There are a variety of reasons that you may wish to become a permanent U.S. resident. Depending on your circumstances, remaining in the United States permanently may require a petition to be filed on your behalf by a current U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident. There are several types of immigration petitions including:

  • Employment-Based Petition: If you have come to the United States to work and your employer wants you to stay in the U.S permanently, your employer will typically be required to file a "Petition for Alien Worker" on your behalf. If you are an entrepreneur who wishes to start a business in the U.S., you will need to file an "Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur" for yourself.
  • Family-Based Petition: If you wish to stay in the United States because your family is here, you will likely need to have a family member file a "Petition for Alien Relative" for you. Immediate family members, including spouses and children, are usually given priority by U.S. immigration officials.
  • Humanitarian Programs: If you are a refugee who has entered the United States to escape religious or political persecution, you may not need to file a petition or have another person file a petition on your behalf. However, other requirements may apply, and a qualified immigration attorney can help you understand the steps you should take in seeking political asylum.

Law Firm Offering Sound Legal Counsel for Immigration Concerns

Dealing with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) can be extremely difficult. Understanding which documents you must file and how to file them can be an overwhelming task for foreign nationals who do not speak English as a first language. Non-citizens could face deportation and removal from the United States if they do not meet the requirements to remain in the country. For these reasons and many others, it is critical to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer if you wish to adjust your immigration status and remain in the U.S permanently.

The Foray Firm Houston, PLLC has the tools, experience, and legal knowledge to help you understand all of your options for obtaining permanent residency and deciding which is the best course of action for your unique situation. Our goal is to help you complete Adjustment of Status process as quickly as possible so that you can focus on building your new life in the United States.

Sugar Land Green Card Lawyers Ready to Help You and Your Family

If you or a loved one wishes to change your immigration status, contact our office to discuss your options. Call us at 832-919-6400 for a confidential consultation. The Foray Firm Houston, PLLC, serves clients in Fort Bend County, Katy, Richmond, Fulshear, Sugar Land, Waller County, Harris County, and surrounding areas. Se habla Español.

state bar of texas The National Bar Association AILA Fort Bend County HLA
Back to Top